Peaches and Cream Muffins

Michelle Nielsen

The recipe for these yummy, not too sweet, muffins comes from "Quick Cooking" magazine, July/August 1999. For years I enjoyed the cooking magazine "Taste of Home" and soon added it's sister magazines "Quick Cooking" and "Light and Tasty" to my reading and cooking repertoire. I still have all my copies today! In 2002, while I was living in Chicago, I signed up for a day trip through the Park District to the "Taste of Home" test kitchen in Milwaukee,Wisconsin. It was so fun to ride a bus with other "Taste of Home" fanatics and spend some time there - I felt so adventurous!

1 egg
1/2 cup milk or sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed

In a bowl, beat egg; add milk and oil. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir in to the egg mixture just until moistened. Stir in the peaches. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4th's full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Makes 10 muffins.

Comments

Popular Posts